Saturday, May 30, 2015

Saturday Lion


Copyright AJ Horton
Happy Saturday to everyone.  I think this Saturday, I am going to lounge around like this lioness.  I guess I am just going to be "lion" around today, ha.  Did you know that lions like family?  Yep.  Their family of males, females and cubs is called a "Pride".  The males defend it by giving loud roars and marking their territory.  The females get together to hunt, bring back food and, can you believe it, let the males eat first.  I'm hoping they take a few bites on the way back home just in case the guys eat all of it.  The females are also mostly responsible for raising the young.  So having some time to lie around and relax is necessary.  While lions once roamed in large numbers across Africa, Europe and Asia, their numbers are dwindling rapidly.  Now they roam only in sub-Saharan Africa and a small population in India's Gir Forest.  (according to NationalGeographic.com)  Lions are on the Vulnerable list and face extinction if we're not attentive to their plight.  Apparently, from what I've read, people hunt them just so they can hang their heads on a wall.  Sad.  I think we should let these regal animals live their lives out naturally, just like I want to live my life.  And, hopefully, just like you want to live your life.

So this Saturday, live a little.  Decide what you want to do and then do it - even if it's just "lion" around like me.

Have a great Saturday.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment