Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cinco de Mayo's Hitchiker

Copyright AJ Horton
Somebody heard there was a Cinco de Mayo get together at my house this evening and wanted a ride.  At first I thought it was a leaf insect, so I looked that up and, even though there are pictures that look like this one, apparently leaf insects aren't in the USA.  So, I either had to think of this character as a world traveler, or keep looking.  I kept looking.  I found out that this is called a Katydid.  If you go to bugfacts.net you can read all about Katydids.  They're supposed to live on branches of trees and shrubs and sing in the evening.  They're actually named after the sound of their song .  Anyway, none of anything I read explained why this Katydid was on the top of a gas pump.  But, I enjoyed his presence and thanked him for posing for me.  My good fortune.

I hope you had a great Cinco de Mayo.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment