Saturday, July 18, 2015

A Peachy Saturday



Copyright 2015 AJ Horton
A Bushel and a Peck and a Hug Around The Neck

Happy Saturday.  Today was the Peach Festival in Candor, North Carolina.  Candor is the Peach Capital of North Carolina.  If you happen to love peaches as I do, then you would love this festival.  Of course there are peaches for sale, but there are other vendors as well.  The obligatory food trucks are there, as well as rides for children, handmade jewelry and pottery, local health and other service agencies.  Did I tell you about the two bands they had playing today?  Both were very good.  And the peaches - about everything you could ask for from a peach - peach cobbler, peach cupcakes, peach ice cream, etc.  It's just a perfectly peachy day and I love this day.
As I was walking to the festival this morning and thinking about purchasing peaches and this blog, it came to me what I would talk about this evening.  All of a sudden I had a flashback to my childhood and I knew I had to tell you.  After  my sister and I would get ready for bed each evening, my mother would come in to say our prayers with us.  Then she would ask if we knew how much she loved us.  And, of course we would respond, "How much?"  Then she would say what I still love to hear today, "A bushel, and a peck, and a mmmm-mmmmmm, hugggggg around the neck!"  And she would give each of us a great big hug.  It was a wonderful way to send us off to sleep.

So, I bought a half bushel and a half peck and I already had the hugging monkey, so I took the above pictures and merged them to show you a bushel and a peck.  The monkey hug is just for fun.  I like hugs.  I like fun.  And I like fun hugs.

I hope you had a sensational Saturday.  I hope you have someone to give you a great big hug at bedtime.  I have found that hugs are also good at anytime throughout the day.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment