Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th of July


Copyright 2015 AJ Horton

"And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air, 

Gave proof through the night, that our flag was still there" 

Lyrics by Francis Scott Key to what we know as our National Anthem, the Star Spangled Banner.  I remembered them clearly tonight as I enjoyed our community's  4th of July fireworks display.  I was oohing and ahhhing and then I noticed IT, the flag.   Our nation's hard fought symbol of freedom from the British.  I am glad I was born in America.  I am glad for the freedoms I enjoy - especially when I see how some other countries treat their citizens.  In America we still have some work to do.  America is not perfect, but I hope that, one day,  ALL Americans will be able to enjoy ALL freedoms, rights and privileges.  We just need to love and respect one another without judging and work together as a team - and our leaders, the people we elect - should do the right thing and help us make that happen.  

I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July!!  I hope you are able to enjoy all the freedoms America offers.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment