Sunday, July 26, 2015

Dam Sunday Visiting



Copyright 2015 AJ Horton

Happy Sunday to you.  It's been a long time since I went dam visiting so I thought today would be a good day.  This is, I believe, called the Great Falls Dam.  It dams the Catawba River  between Lancaster and Great Falls, South Carolina.  Although there's no public access to this  area, people have made paths from the road so they could fish.  I've actually met people who have spent the night under the Tom G. Mangum Bridge that crosses the Catawba at this point.  However, people  seem to trash the area a bit much for my taste.  I fear that the more people choose to leave their trash on the ground instead of being responsible and taking it with them will ruin not only the beauty of this area, but will ruin it for the rest of us who enjoy this area.  One day the "powers that be" may be sick of the disrespect some have for this area and close it to the public.

I hope you had a sensational Sunday.  I hope you remember to place your trash in appropriate containers and keep our great land beautiful  Thank you for looking today.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment