Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday's Leaf



Copyright AJ Horton

Happy Friday.  Have you ever heard of the "Tree of Life"?  Well, on a trip to Goodale State Park in South Carolina, I found what I like to call the "Tree of Leaf Life"!  We were kayaking the Goodale State Park when I saw this big, lily leaf some in and mostly out of the water.  Looking at the back of it, I was reminded of the Tree of Life when I saw all the "veins".  I loved that it's not perfect as evidenced by the tear at top.  No one or nothing in our own "Tree of Life" is perfect and neither is this leaf.  And, just like this leaf, we also have things  we display "above the surface" that we allow people to see about us and things "below the surface" that we keep hidden  from most others.  Well, that's life.

I hope your Friday was fulfilling.  I thank you for looking, reading, and hopefully thinking a bit about life.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment