Saturday, July 11, 2015

Garden Bathing on Saturday



Copyright 2015 AJ Horton
Hello on Saturday.  Today I  remembered listening to my grandmother years ago as she would tell me stories about bathing.  Apparently, they only took a real bath on Saturdays.  There were very hard economic times when my grandmother was growing up and her family did the best possible.  When the garden was being watered this morning and the cardinal began bathing I was, once again, reminded of my grandmother's story of Saturday bathing.  This cardinal wanted a refreshing sensation on a hot summer day and he got it.  And I got to record it.  I know I post a good many birds on my blog.  Today's cardinal enjoying the garden watering was too good to resist!  I feel as though I would have done an injustice to you today if I had not taken the time to place him on display.

I hope you had as wonderful a Saturday as I.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment