Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday's Christmas in June


Copyright AJ Horton

Happy Friday!!  Today is Christmas.  Christmas Cactus that is.  This particular Christmas Cactus was my grandmother's, which then became my mother's and now, well, it's mine, so it's been around for a long time.  I'm really trying to keep it alive.  Trust me, it has almost "bit the dust" a couple of times, but I am so very serious about it living for me.    So, it's blooming now, even though it's a "Christmas"  cactus.  I don't care, I am just glad it's alive.  Of course, I could have just gone to some website to see how to take care of it - and now I have several more of these plants - but I didn't.  Not until tonight, anyway.  So, "green thumb" land, here I come.  I will take care of my grandmother's and mother's Christmas Cacti and any other "green" gifts I acquire for as long as I am able.  Then I will pass them on to younger care givers/"green thumbers".

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas today - well, Friday!  I'm the one that had the great "Christmas" today.  Thanks for looking and enjoying "Christmas" with me.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment