Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday's Home Invasion

Copyright AJ Horton

On Tuesday I was able to go kayaking on Lake Wylie for a while. I live in what I consider a very safe neighborhood so while I was away from home I felt like my home was safe.  I found out that not everyone is as fortunate.  I mean, imagine when that poor osprey comes back and finds out his home has been invaded - or even stolen - by a great blue heron!!!  And, the osprey must have really needed that nest because it was built just for him or her and the family.  I guess they have their own "Habitat for Osprey", or maybe even Birds of Prey.  But, the Great Blue Heron is not a "Bird of Prey", so will it be in for a fight when the Osprey comes back?  Is it just keeping the nest warm?  Or, is it on the lookout while his friend robs the place?  I don't know - he looks pretty comfortable.  Maybe the Osprey's not coming back?  Should we start some kind of "conspiracy theory"?  HMMMM.  Ahhhh, the wonder of it all.

There's always something to think about going on in my head.  What about you?  I hope you had a good Thursday.  Get prepared.  Friday's almost here.

Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment