Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thursday and I need Water!


Copyright AJ Horton

My big alligator is so dry, it needs water!  Since it's so rainy here it can have some of mine.  And it's cold again, so back into hibernation it will go.  Fortunately for me this alligator lives in one of the Florida Zoos.  According to the defenders.org website, there are 1.25 million alligators in Florida!  Now that's a lot of gator.  And this one has a little lizard hitchhiking on top. I guess it's a gator wannabe.  The website says that alligators can swim swiftly because of their tail and on land they can "move quickly for short distances".  I have actually seen an alligator run.  A friend and I were riding on a bike trail in Florida when I saw it.  Thank God that part was fenced!  We stopped as all of a sudden the alligator began running toward a small retaining pond and then rolled down the small embankment before the egret could react.  I thought the alligator moved very fast that day and from now on I want to always be behind a fence when I see an alligator.  

I hope you had a great Thursday.  Maybe you enjoyed the rain.  Maybe you're in an area that didn't get any today.  Maybe you'd like some rain like my alligator.  Either way, I hope you are having the day you want.  Thanks for looking. No matter what the weather, I hope you keep a sunny outlook!  See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment