Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday's Church 01-24-16

Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Sunday.  We're going back to church this Sunday, this time in Candor, North Carolina.  The church you see is the Macedonia Presbyterian Church on the Troy-Candor Road.
Once again I could find no information about this church with a search of the internet.  I guess from now on I will have to plan ahead and telephone the church leader and get information.  Wish me luck.

What I did find, maybe, is that Macedonia is/was a country to the north of Greece.  I say maybe because it seems there's a lot of debate going on as to whether or not Macedonia was considered a part of Greece during Biblical times.  Macedonia is the first place in Europe where Paul preached the Gospel.  According to the Book of Acts, Paul went to Macedonia because he had a vision of a man from there asking for help.

As for the formation of the Presbyterian Church, a 16th Century Reformer named John Calvin was instrumental.  His theology went mostly along the lines of Martin Luther, but differed in that Calvin believed in predestination and eternal security.

Whatever you believe, I hope you had a most sensational Sunday.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment