Saturday, January 23, 2016

Saturday's Snow Tale 01-23-16

Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Saturday.  Have you ever thought about living in a tree house or one of the tiny houses people are so fond of lately?  I have and, while they are worth a thought, I'm going to have to say no to both.  The tree house would have two many stairs for me - although it would have a good view and I suppose I could put in some kind of lift system - still, no.  The tiny house is just too small for us and all our stuff and our four legged family members.  I do want a little more room.

But then again, when it's snowing and so cold outside, those small spaces would be easier and less expensive to heat.  And who needs that much "stuff" anyway?  Although I do still want all of my four legged family members.

It's just that new snow and ice tends to make everything look more clean, interesting and inviting.  It's rare that we get snow in the South and, even though I'm glad of that, I'm equally glad that we do get it occasionally.  I do enjoy watching the snow fall.  I am reminded of the times we made "snow cream".  Now, since I'm "all grown up", there's a certain nostalgia that goes along with the snow and the times I had as a kid and then again when my son was growing up.  Since there were only a few times a year when we could have those experiences, somehow they were more memorable.

I hope you're having a memorable Saturday.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment