Saturday, January 2, 2016

Natural Floating Dock Saturday 01-02-15

Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Saturday.  I bought a coloring book yesterday.  It is called "Life on Earth, Relaxing Art Therapy For Adults".  I didn't buy it because I want to color.  I bought it because every other page has a wonderful quotation that matches how I feel.  For instance, the quotation I want to use today is from an unknown author that says, "The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man".

What you see here is what I call a natural floating dock.  When we were paddling to it, we thought it was a piece of land, but when we arrived we found that it was just an intricate mingling of vine grasses that held our kayaks in place while we fished, photographed and ate.  It was wonderful and moved only slightly left or right with the current.  We were on Cox Lake in Mullins, SC.  Cox Lake is fed by the Little Pee Dee River which has swollen more than 2 feet in the last 10 days due to many heavy rains.   We stayed on Cox Lake instead of taking our usual water pathway to the Little Pee Dee River due to those heavy rains and the increase in water levels.

It was a great day for a paddle.  I hope you had a great Saturday.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment