Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday's Fly By At Sunset 01-22-16

Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Friday.  Today, here in my part of the South, we had a little bit of snow and a lot of ice.  The day was gray and, although I did take some photographs, I didn't get one that I really liked, so, I looked back to last week at the beach.  The beach at anytime is a great place to be, but a mostly secluded beach with seagulls flying into the clouds at sunset is even better!

Nowadays, when I find myself out at sunset, I think of the quote "I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in" by John Muir.  John Muir was a writer, naturalist and philosopher (among other things) who lived from 1838 to 1914.  John Muir founded an environmental organization, The Sierra Club in 1892.  The Sierra Club is still going strong today with more than 2 million members and has contributed to the passing of the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act and Endangered Species Act.  If you Google John Muir and/or Sierra Club you can learn so much more than I can give here.  You may even want to join the Sierra Club!

In the meantime, I hope you had a wonderful Friday.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment