Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday's World of the Web 01-12-16

Copyright 2015 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Tuesday.  Welcome to the web.  Long before the world wide web we were intrigued with these.  Spiders make webs with silk they produce from their spinneret glands.  Some spiders have only one pair of such glands, others have three or four pairs of spinneret glands.  Each gland produces a different kind of silk for different web designs and strength.  After web building, the spider sits in the middle and waits for the right vibrations of prey.  Not all spiders use their webs to catch prey though.  Those spiders hunt and use their webs for something else.  Maybe they just like a pretty place to sleep.  I don't know but it's all very interesting to me.  I do not like to see a spider near me, or in my house, or whenever I walk into a web by accident - that really freaks me out, especially because I don't know where the spider is and I will scream like a little girl! 

I do like knowing how a little spider can spin such a big, beautiful web.  I like seeing the morning dew or raindrops on the strands of a web.  I like watching a spider build the web.  If you would like to learn more about the wonderful ways of the spider just check out the website:  http://animals.howstuffworks.com/arachnids/spider5.htm.  

I hope you had a terrific Tuesday.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment