Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thursday's Flight

Copyright AJ Horton

On this Thursday, I stood by and watched as the MOST wonderful person, who I have loved longer than I have been on this earth, flew above the clouds to HEAVEN.  She was always my biggest supporter, but never let me get away with anything.  I always got caught when I did something wrong.  She taught me so much, she encouraged me always, she helped me even when I didn't know I needed help.  She always had my back.   And now, I had to have her back.  She told us her wishes, she actually put her wishes on paper so we had to abide by them.  And we did.  Today, an angel flew above the clouds, we stood by her and supported her decision as she began her new adventure.  Oh my, how she love adventures.  My life has been one great adventure after another.  Even when she made a wrong turn and we became lost, instead of panicing, she would just laugh and say, "We're not lost, we're just off on a new adventure."  

So today, my precious Mother, my precious mentor,  you go on this adventure and you leave all of us on earth that love you so much and you enter a realm we can only imagine.  I am heartbroken!  What am I going to do now?  How could you do this to me?  I didn't have enough time with you.  COME BACK!!!  DON'T LEAVE ME!!!  I LOVE YOU!!

And then I come back to my senses, and I realize that this is not about me.  This is not about what I want, or how I feel.  This is about her.  This is about what she wants.  I love her so I support her, so I will do what she wants no matter how I feel.  But it's not easy.  I don't want to - but it's not about me.  But I don't want to.

I know you'll always look out for me, but you won't be "here".  You'll be above the clouds.  That is just not the same.  You know I will talk to you every day.  But that is just not the same.  

There are a lot of things, that, from now on, won't be the same.  One thing that will be the same - FOREVER - is the fact that I had the greatest MOTHER on earth and for that I will be eternally grateful to GOD for gifting me with you.  You will always be with me.

I LOVE YOU MOM!  HAVE A GREAT NEW ADVENTURE!


No comments:

Post a Comment