Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday's Grackle's Cracker

Copyright AJ Horton

  Monday's Grackle's Cracker.... Can you say that fast 5 times?  I can't.  It's a real tongue twister for me.  I found this little bird enjoying my pretzel pieces when I was lounging on a pier in coastal Georgia last August.  The closest match I could find on this bird is that it is an adult female boat-tailed grackle.   She's not as shiny as some of the pictures I've seen online but we're not in the direct sun either.  We were fortunate to have a roof overhead - kept me from getting too hot, sweaty and sunburned!  
  Sometimes, if you just sit still and pay attention, something good will happen - like this bird getting so close.
  Monday's usually bring about a lot of work so not much sitting around today except for right now, writing this and enjoying the memory.
  I hope you had a wonderful Monday.  I hope you had a chance to just sit and be quiet for even a few minutes to rest your mind and muscles.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment