Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sunday Serenity 11-01-15

Copyright 2015 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Sunday. Ahh, serenity.  What is serenity?  According to Dictionary.com, it is a noun meaning "the state of being serene, calm, or tranquil...".  The word serene is an adjective meaning "calm, peaceful, tranquil; unruffled".  I see all of that in this scene.  My friend is enjoying a relaxing time on the river with nothing more than her kayak, a little fishing gear, and her thoughts, unencumbered by the noise of a busy world.  Out here, there is peace and quiet; the kind that rejuvenates the body and spirit.  This is the kind of day that is my Sunday; my church, if you will.  This is what I dream of on those many busy days when I can't be on the river.  This is what keeps me sane. This IS my Sunday.  The good thing is, I don't need to wait for an actual Sunday to have this kind of day.  My Sunday can come any time of the week.  And, if I had my choice, I would have more than one "Sunday" in a week.  I can't, of course.  Some weeks I don't get a "Sunday".  But, I can always have a partial Sunday in my mind.  Enjoying the visualization might not be the same, but some days it's all I have.

How about you?  Where is your serenity?  I'll bet it's beautiful.

I hope you had a serene Sunday.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment