Monday, August 24, 2015

Monday Munchie

Copyright AJ Horton
Hello Monday.  There's a song sung by Mary Chapin Carpenter with a line, "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug," written by Mark Knopfler.  While I was at Cedar Creek Dam Access Area yesterday, I had help in noticing this lizard had captured a damselfly for its Sunday dinner.  I had been photographing the damselfly and turned around to look at something else and - WHAM!  The lizard got it.  I never even saw the lizard before this.  Since lizards don't always have to have legs, some ways to tell if they are a lizard versus a snake is if they have eyelids and external ears.  Lizards can actually smell!  They smell by sticking their tongues out and "tasting" the air.  I am not quite sure how that equates to "smelling", but you can find out more about lizards on http://www.bioexpedition.com/lizards/facts-about-lizards/ if you're interested.

But now, it looks like the lizard is "the windshield" and the damselfly is "the bug".  I guess that's the circle of life.  It also looks as though the lizard may have bitten off more than it could chew, which is sometimes how I feel on Mondays.   I always start of with great hope that I can accomplish all that needs to be done on Monday and then, at some point in the day, I realize that I was wrong.  And, like that little damselfly, I get eaten up by Monday.  But, unlike that little damselfly, I do live to fight another day.

How was your Monday?  Were you the "windshield" - or the "bug"?  Were you the "munchie" or the "muncher"?  I hope your Monday was marvelous!  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment