Sunday, January 25, 2015

Mountain Gazing Sunday

Copyright AJ Horton

Sundays are for relaxing, visiting with family/friends, looking at pictures, being comfortable, etc.  This particular photograph  is very comforting to me.  I made it on a trip to Asheville, NC.  We like to ride around and stop whenever we think there's a "Kodak moment".  I seem to have a lot of those when riding in the mountains.  This was in an October and it was cold near Mount Mitchell, but the beauty was worth braving the cold.  When you're in the mountains, the views' colors or "mood" if you will, can change in just a few minutes; the sky can go cloudy or the mist can come in and make you feel like you are on the edge or top of the world.  I just can't seem to find the words that relates how very good that feels.
I hope that if you haven't experienced that top of the world feeling that you will.  You don't have to be on the top of a mountain, you could be with someone you love, or just in your own back yard.  And wouldn't it be great if your own back yard looked like this photo?  I'm going to take that as a yes.
I hope you've had a great Sunday.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment