Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tuesday's Ice on Ice


Copyright 2015 AJ Horton

So Monday brought some ice to our home in South Carolina.  Maybe there was some snow mixed in but it was mostly ice.  And, of course when I woke up this morning, I saw the pretty but dangerous layer of ice all over the yard, the deck, the walkway, the road, etc.   The other thing I realized was that I won't be going anywhere today.  Yes, I am a wuss when it comes to getting out on the ice - not so much with snow - but ice is different.

However, seeing that I am me, I must venture outside my door to take photos.  So many treasures of ice sculptures!  The above is what happens when small ice cycles break off and fall onto the ground ice.  To me it looks like a broken starfish.  Looking at it now I do not feel the cold as I did when I made the photo.  Ha!  Good.  Otherwise I wouldn't be able to type.  By tomorrow's eve this and all the other ice here will be gone, I hope.  But the memory remains.  This will be a good memory.  I hope you are also making good memories.

Thank you for looking.  Remember I'll see you tomorrow.  In the meantime have fun and make good memories no matter what comes your way.


No comments:

Post a Comment