Thursday, February 5, 2015

Thursday Spirals

Copyright AJ Horton

The Fifth Dimension sings, "Would you like to fly in my beautiful balloon?"  Do you know it, Up, Up and Away?  I experienced that feeling once.

Have you ever been on a hot air balloon ride?  It's fun and scary at the same time.  Oh, and it's hot, too.  Hot, hot, hot!  You're in a little basket with a flame shooting up into a balloon - a huge balloon made out of, I think, parachute cloth.  If you end up getting the same deal we had, you get to help pull the balloon out and ready it for expansion.  Then, when the ride is over, you get to help fold the balloon up and load everything.  It was definitely unintended work for us.  We thought we were just paying to go on the ride.  How surprised we were when we found out not only were we the riders, we were also the workers!  But, it was a delightful ride.  I may never do it again but I had a great time with friends and my Mom in this balloon.

I hope you had a great Thursday.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment