Monday, June 20, 2016

Monday's Marigold Fascination 06-20-16


Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Monday.  I have a little Marigold color for you today.  I planted these Marigolds in our small 6 foot by 4 foot raised garden bed because I was told to - - - and because I was also told that they keep insects away so that our tomatoes, squash, and cucumber plants have a better chance of bearing tasty foods.  I did look that up on the internet by the way and found out many more interesting facts about this colorful flower.

I found out it is part of the daisy family; that it is associated with passion and creativity; that it is also associated with the sign of Leo; that Marigolds infused in water and then rubbed on your eyelids can induce psychic visions; that the Aztec Indians considered it sacred; and many more interesting beliefs about this lovely flower.  It may also contain some healing properties and the petals are edible!  You can find out more about this fascinating little flower at:  http://livingartsoriginals.com/flower-marigold.htm.  I tell you, I really learn a lot by blogging.

One thing that hit home for me was that Marigold leaves removes warts.  When I was very young, I had warts on my hands and fingers and I used to pick at them in an effort to get rid of them.  My mother took me to this older man who went to our church.  She said that he could "talk the warts off of me" by rubbing something on one of the warts and saying a Bible verse. Well, if he believed he could do that and my mother believed he could do that, then I believed he could do it.  By golly, he did, too!  He took me in one of his rooms, there was an open bible on the table near an open window, he rubbed something that was in a pouch, on one of my warts and whispered something so low that I could not hear the words.  It worked!!  A few weeks later (I don't know how long it acually was), but all my warts were gone.  None have ever come back, either.  I wanted to know what that Bible verse was and what he rubbed on my finger, but I was told NO.  The information he had to talk warts off people had to be passed down to someone in his immediate family, I was told.  Now, I'm thinking it may have been Marigold leaves in that little pouch.  I guess I'll never know the Bible verse.  Oh well.  I guess that being a believer may be what counts.

I hope you had a marvelous Monday and that you learned a little something today.  I thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment