Friday, February 5, 2016

Go Toward the Sun this Friday 02-05-16


Copyright 2016 AJ Horton

Hello and happy Friday.  A little background about today's pictures, I think, is in order.  I have a "master suite" in my home that is separate from the rest of the house and it's what I consider to be a very large room.  When my beloved mother was sick, I wanted her to move in and stay in this suite, which she did.  When she passed away last April, I was heart broken - still am.  I have been in that room many times since then and for a long time I could still smell her and felt like she was still there so I would sit for a few minutes, just never for very long.  Anyway, I haven't been able to move back into and sleep in that room until last night.  I'll tell you it was not easy, but I did it.

This morning, after going for coffee and returning to bed for a few minutes, I saw the plant.  It's her Christmas Cactus with the only bloom trying to escape from the window.  "How funny", I thought, Mama would sure get a kick out of this." And then I ran to get my camera so I could show you tonight.  

Plants always seem to want to be in the light.  This little bloom sure does.  It's too cold outside for me to leave it, so it will stay inside for another month or so.  But in the meantime, I guess I can raise the blind every day so it can soak up some sunlight.  After all, my mother was a ray of sunshine in my life.  At least I can let her plants have some sun, too.

We all need a little sun in our lives.  I hope you were able to see the sun today.

I also hope you had a fantastic Friday.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment