Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Wednesday's Hummingbird and Butterfly 09-7-16


Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Wednesday.  I know you've seen a few hummingbirds from me, but have I ever shown you one on a butterfly?  No, you haven't; until today.  My daughter-in-law loves butterflies and I always think of her when I see them.   I also enjoy butterflies - and I love my little hummingbirds, so seeing them together makes me very happy.  This little guy sat on the post for a few seconds posing for me. I think he was offering me the gift of photographing him as gratitude for getting rid of the praying/slaying mantis that was on his feeder the previous evening.  He could also be a little curious of us.  I'm sure we are becoming a familiar sight.  He doesn't have much longer to check us out because I've read the hummingbirds' migration to Central America and Mexico happens during this month.  We won't be able to spoil and enjoy him and his family and I'll be sad when they leave.  I guess I'll be okay because they usually come back to the same place the next year.  Hooray!

I hope you've had a wonderful Wednesday.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment