Thursday, July 7, 2016

Thursday's Prothonotary Warbler 07-07-16

Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Thursday.  Today I have for your enjoyment a Prothonotary Warbler - otherwise known as a swamp canary.  The official name for this bird is from Dutch naturalist Peter Boddaert.  I've also read that the name "Prothonotary" is a comparison, or maybe even a compliment, to the Catholic notaries who wore yellow robes. The Prothonotary Warbler/Swamp Canary is a very quick bird.  I've seen this bird for years, but its been very elusive and I'm lucky it sat still for a second while I snapped a few shots.  I only wish I had been able to be more still in my kayak.  But, as so many people say these days, "It is what it is".  Hopefully, you get the idea of its beauty.  

I hope you had a beautiful day today.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment