Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday's New Life 05-22-16


Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Sunday.  Yesterday, as I was travelling to a hardware store, I noticed this nice looking church on Grady Road in Mullins, SC and realized this was the church for today,  It is called New Life Pentecostal Episcopal Church.  I don't know what a Pentecostal Episcopal church is as I have always heard of one or the other, not both together,  I looked on the internet and asked the question on what it meant to be both and could find no answers. So I looked up each one separately.  I found that a Pentecostal Church seems to be more biblically literal in its readings while the Episcopalians use the Spirit of Christ for its biblical interpretations.  The Pentecostal Church seems to be more politically conservative while the Episcopalians are more liberal.  The Pentecostal Church is more likely to get up and dance and, filled with the Holy Spirit speak in tongues in church while the Episcopalians are more sedate,  Sounds like a lot of opposites to me,  However, we need differences in life, so why not in church?  Part of this Church's motto is, "we walk in faith, not by sight", which is from Chapter 5, verse 7 of II Corinthians.  Its Vision Statement is, "A people walking in excellence in the spirit of God".   Sounds like there's a good marriage between Pentecostals and Episcopalians at New Life.

If you'd like to learn more about New Life Pentecostal Episcopal Church, check out their website at http://newlifepec.webs.com.  You can also find You Tube videos.

I hope you're having a great Sunday.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment