Friday, May 6, 2016

Purple Martin Friday 05-06-16

Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Friday.  For a little over a year now, I've been saving money to get this certain lens for my camera.  It has a long range, like 150 - 600 mm, and, when I put it on my Nikon D5300, the range is even greater  (225-900mm).  That lens arrived today!  It got here later in the day so I didn't have a lot of time to play with it before dark.  The Purple Martins were coming back in for sunset so I started photographing.  I got my chair and sat across the pond hoping not to scare them away.  It worked on at least one, as you can see.  This guy was at a focal length of 750mm, ISO 640, shutter time of 1/800 and f6.3.  I didn't take the tripod out with me so this is a hand held shot with the vibration compensation on.  He looks pretty good to me.  I think I might keep this lens and also get accustomed to using my tripod - or start lifting weights, because this lens is HEAVY!  

I hope you had a light and easy Friday.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment