Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday's Memorial Day "Eyes" 05-30-16


Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Monday.  Today is Memorial Day.  Memorial Day is designed as a day of remembrance for those who have died in service to this country.  As I was driving home from work today in the rain, I noticed an interesting cloud formation - it looked like a pair of eyes through a mask.   So, I fished around in my pocketbook and found my camera.

I could say things about this cloud formation.  I could say that it's the eyes of the people who have fought and died for all of us to have freedom.  I could say they're looking down on us making sure we remember and appreciate their sacrifices.  I could say they want to see how we are taking care of this earth that they fought so hard to save.  I could say they want us to remember that freedom is never free - that there is always a price to pay for freedom and we must remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.  I could look up to the sky, at these two "eyes" and say, "Thank you, thank you for your courage, thank you for your sacrifice, thank you for believing that I matter in the universe, because if you didn't believe that I matter, that others matter, that your country matters, you would have looked the other way.  But you didn't.  You made it possible for me and everyone left behind to have opportunities, to pursue our own dreams and desires, to love and be loved, and to remember what matters, who matters to us, and who made that possible.  And today, when I look into your eyes in the sky, I remember, and, I AM thankful!"

I hope you also had a memorable day.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment