Friday, September 4, 2015

Plantation Friday

Copyright 2015 AJ Horton

Happy Friday everyone.  Today I have for your viewing pleasure the Dirleton Plantation house on the Thomas G. Samworth Wildlife Management Area in Georgetown, SC.  The house was built in the late 1850s and was donated to the state in 1961 by - you guessed it - Thomas G. Samworth   The entire area is about 625 acres, has a public boat launch as it sits on the Pee Dee River and is a Ducks Unlimited Conservation Project area as well.  If you like the outdoors, this place is well worth the visit.  I look at this photo though, and one of my first thoughts is - that's a whole lot of grass to mow!  I would not want that job even though I do like a riding lawn mower.  I'm also glad I live in this time period rather than the late 1800s.  Even so, I do enjoy learning the history If you want to know more about Dirleton Pantation and the Thomas G. Samworth WMA just go to south-carolina-plantations.com.  There are many South Carolina plantations to learn about and visit if you'd like.

I hope you've had a fantastic Friday!. Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment