Saturday, September 26, 2015

Happy Trumpet Saturday 9-26-15


Copyright 2015 AJ Horton

Happy Saturday.  I found you some Angel's Trumpets today when I was at John's Island, SC.  The Angel's Trumpet is a flowering shrub that sometimes resembles a tree because it can grow about 15-20 feet high.  The flower hangs like an ornamental bell and smells awesome.  They grow mostly in warmer, sunny climates where the soil drains easily.  There's just one thing about it -- it's poisonous!  It is a hallucinogenic and all parts of the plant are toxic so, as beautiful and fragrant as they are, you probably shouldn't grow them.   I guess I will stay away from them, too, and only enjoy them rarely from a distance.

I am glad I was able to view them today along the road.  I hope you were able to enjoy something beautiful today.

Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment