Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Wednesday's Hummingbird 08-03-16

Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Wednesday.  I kept trying to follow and photograph the hummingbirds as they fed from my feeder, but this cutie wanted to sit on a branch in my tree.  So, I'm flexible.  I followed this one up to the tree and he obliged and sat for just a few seconds, making me a lucky gal.  Given the colors on this one, if I hadn't followed during his flight, I may not have seen it in the tree.  If I can trust myself to believe what I found on the internet, I think this is a male and is called an Anna's Hummingbird.  I wasn't able to find the history of the naming of this beauty, but, I have a great friend named Anna and she's just as cute as this hummingbird.

I hope you had a great Wednesday.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment