Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tuesday's Wingless Hummingbird 08-23-16


Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Tuesday.  My little hummingbird friend seems to be misssing something - his wings!  As a matter of fact, hummingbirds can hover in the air while flapping their wings a whopping 50 times a SECOND!!  Wow.  I guess this time he was flapping his wings faster than my camera could capture them.  Too cool.  This guy is very small - about 2-3 inches.  He sometimes reminds me of a horsefly but makes as  distinctive hum that lets me know he's in the area.  I have also noticed lately that hummingbirds have some "chatter" with each other.  It's nice to hear them talk to one another.

I hope you had a terrific Tuesday and you were able to "chat" nicely with another.  Thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment