Friday, October 30, 2015

I Needed a Good Paddle This Friday 10-30-15

Copyright 2015 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Friday.   Today, I needed a good paddling!  And I got it!  I had some business for Mullins, SC yesterday, and, thanks to a nice co-worker, I was able to spend the night and kayak this morning.  This is what I've been missing for a while - being on the water, enjoying the peace and quiet.  It's not always quiet, though, there are many birds singing, and the water rushing past the kayak as I bring my paddle in and out of the water is just, well, music to my ears, and the view!!! "Ahhh" the view screams, "this is what you want, this is why you're here - Enjoy!" - and we obey.  The peace and quiet comes from no cell phone usage (although we do carry one in case of emergency), and there is no traffic noise.  I even heard many "cock-a-doodle-do"s from a rooster this morning.  I had a little bit of paradise today and I want to share a little of it with you.

I hope you had a fabulous Friday.  I hope you had just a little bit of what you consider "paradise" today.  I thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment