Saturday, October 24, 2015

Adorable Camellia Saturday 10-24-15

Copyright 2015 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Saturday.  Today I bring to you a camellia bud ready to bloom.  During Victorian times it was a sign that someone really liked you and thought you adorable if they gave you white camellias.  (Yes, I do like you and appreciate you looking at my photos and reading my words.)  Camellias, no matter what color, are also connected with steadfastness and excellence.  The flowers can also be used as a tea and have some healing properties.  One caveat though - do not give a white camellia to anyone Japanese.  It seems the white camellia is associated with death in their culture.

You can find out more about white (and other colors) camellias at http://www.auntyflo.com/flower-dictionary/white-camellia.

I hope you had a wonderful Saturday.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment