Saturday, April 30, 2016

Saturday's Little Friend 04-30-16

Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Saturday.  Say hello to my little friend, the lizard.  He and I met this morning on my steps.  I didn't step on him and he let me take his picture after he moved out of my way.  It was really nice how that worked out for both of us.  I've seen this guy around my house before, mostly from the window and I have watched him change color at times depending on where or what he is on.  From what I've read on the internet it seems he is a Green Anole.  Today, he gave me a little extra treat when he puffed out his dewlap.  I was dutifully impressed by the color as I had not seen this before.  If you'd like to learn more about my friend, check out:  http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/galveston/beneficials/beneficial-19_lizard_green_anole.htm.  These guys are actually good for your garden.

I hope you had a super Saturday.  Thank you for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment