Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tuesday's Gator Float 12-06-16

Copyright 2016 AJ Horton
Hello and happy Tuesday.  Have you ever seen an alligator float?  You have now.  I came to my stash of pictures from the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge because I was thinking about alligators.  I met an older man today that, on his right hand, had only his thumb and pinky fingers.  I know the other three fingers had the first two digits of each removed.  I wasn't going to say anything, but when I asked him to sign a paper for me, he showed me and said something about how his writing was bad.  So, I asked him if he had worked in a saw mill.  He said, "No, (holding up his right hand) I lost these to an alligator."   "Well," said I, "I'm going to want to hear that story."   Except that I didn't get to hear that story, I began his study, we talked throughout, but nothing about the alligator.  He was gone before I thought of it again and now I can't stop thinking about what could have happened that he lost three fingers - why wasn't it four - or five - his whole hand.  Or..... was it really a saw mill accident and he was just joshing me?  Maybe I'll see him again one day and remember to ask him.  Anyway, that is why you get to see an alligator float. 

I hope you had all your questions answered today.  Thanks for looking.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment